12 Reasons to Try Mei-Mei MoonPosted by Mei-Mei Moon on
From the moment your head hits the pillow, enjoy the ultra-soft, naturally cool sensation of pure Mulberry Silk. Our debut collection of luxurious pillowcases features dreamy hand drawn designs, soothing colors, and a simple, elegant finish. But what's really so special about our Silk?
- We only ever use 100% Grade 6A pure Mulberry Silk. 🤓 Silk fabric is always graded either A, B, or C with A indicating the highest quality. Within each grade (A, B, or C) the silk is given a numerical grade (1-6), with 6 being the best. Translation: When you shop with Mei-Mei Moon, you're buying the highest possible quality 100% pure Mulberry silk. 🏆
- All our silk pillowcases are finished with elegant French seams. Achieving these clean finishes takes longer and in turn costs a little more, but the result is not only more beautiful, but more durable and longer lasting, too. These subtle, thoughtful differences make a big, luxurious impact. And we’re all about those.
- Smooth & cool. Light, breathable, and with moisture-wicking properties, a silk pillowcase is the perfect choice for staying cool on long summer nights.
- All of our silk pillowcases are 100% machine washable. No need for dry cleaning or hand washing. Just follow these simple laundry tips:
- 💧 Set your washer to a cold, gentle cycle.
- 💙 Turn your pillowcase inside out and pop it into a delicates bag if you have one.
- 🧼 Use a detergent designed for delicates. We love Puretergent.
- 🧡 To dry, gently roll silk in a clean, dry towel to absorb excess moisture.
- 🌬️ Lay flat to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- ☁️ For extra softness, iron your pillowcase inside out while it’s still slightly damp. You’ll want to set your iron to a cool silk setting.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic, resistant to pests like dust mites, and transfers less bacteria than other fabrics like cotton. It's a great choice for those with allergies, dust sensitivities, or who struggle with acne and other skin issues.
- All of our prints start as hand-drawn artwork by our co-founder and in-house artist, Sylvie Vo. They are then digitally printed in small batches onto our signature silk charmeuse. Our prints are totally original and will never be found at big box stores.
- Silk's naturally smooth texture means less friction as you move around in your sleep. Which means less tangles, less split ends, and less frizz- aka super happy and healthy hair. A luxuriously soft silk pillowcase is the ultimate treat for all hair types.
- Five years old or ninety-nine years young, we believe that everyone deserves a great night's rest. We designed our prints to appeal to the whole family, and our inclusively-sized Mini Pillowcases were designed to fit Toddler Pillowcases (13x19") perfectly as well.
- Smoother and less absorbent than cotton, silk fibers leave your skin hydrated, moisturized, and crease-free. It also transfers less bacteria, which helps keep your skin clean and clear while you dream.
- 22 momme Charmeuse is a luxurious silk fabric that is lustrous on one side and matte on the other. The word momme is a measurement of weight, and 22 momme is considered ideal for bedding as it feels soft and weightless, but thick and durable enough to last for years. Charmeuse is ideal for pillowcases because the surface that touches your skin and hair is smooth, cool, and nearly frictionless. The opposing matte side helps hold your pillow in place without sliding around too much. Functional, comfortable and beautiful!
- The OEKO-TEX Standard 100 rating means that every component of your pillowcase has been tested for harmful substances and is safe for the entire family. Just another reason you can sleep soundly on our super soft silk pillowcases.
- As a member of 1% For the Planet, at least 1% of our annual sales (that's revenue, not profit) is donated directly to environmental causes. We're committed to putting sustainability at the heart of our decision-making process and working with partners who do the same.
Silk pillowcases may be nothing new. But the way we make them is. We hope you have enjoyed learning about how our silky soft pillowcases are a cut above the rest!